Non Lucrative Visa Spain

How do I obtain a Non-Lucrative Residence Visa?

If you have a question about this topic, please Contact Us

7 lawyers Online Now

A Non-Lucrative Residence Visa allows Expats to establish their residence in Spain if they do not need to perform any commercial activity in order to live here

Non-EU nationals looking to reside in Spain for more than 90 days require a visa for entry into Spain. If you want to live in Spain and have sufficient means of subsistence (meaning you don’t need to perform any commercial activity), the Non-Lucrative Residence Visa is perfect for your situation: it allows you to reside in Spain, but does not permit a professional activity nor employment.

Many people have decided to move to Spain thanks to its quality of life. For Expats, obtaining a Spanish residence permit not only means living in a country with an outstanding position in global rankings, but also enjoying access to the rest of the countries of the European Union.

How to apply for a Non-Lucrative Residence Visa

This application must be submitted at the Spanish Consulate of your home country. Besides the application form, you will need:

  • A valid passport or any other travel document.
  • Proof of your sufficient financial means.
  • Proof of your medical insurance.
  • Medical certificate.
  • Criminal record or similar.

The Consulate will then have three months to process your application. If the visa is granted, you’ll have other three months to enter Spain, and, once you are there, one month to register in Spain and apply for the residence card.

How to obtain a Non-Lucrative Visa residence to live in Spain. Watch the video:

Related videos

Information search

If you have a friend or know someone who may be interested in this topic, you can share or send this text using these buttons:

Need more info? We are here to help