residence permit Spain non-EU citizen

How to apply for a residence permit in Spain as a non-EU citizen?

If you have a question about this topic, please Contact Us

7 lawyers Online Now

This is a scenario especially for non-EU nationals, so now all UK nationals wishing to come and live in Spain will also be included.

Once you’ve obtained your residence permit, you can obtain a health card, driver’s license exchange, and other important documents.

Who can apply for this kind of permit?

All non-EU nationals that wish to reside legally in Spain for a prolonged period of time, they must apply for a residence permit in Spain.

What are the most popular visas applicable in these cases?

What documents are required?

This will depend on the type of visa that you are applying for and on your personal situation.

The documents that are generally required are:

  • Application form signed
  • Valid passport: It must be valid for at least one year and have at least two blank pages.
  • Criminal record certificate: legalized(apostilled) and translated to spanish. It must be issued by the country or countries in which the applicant has resided in the five years preceding the visa application.
  • Medical certificate:  it must be valid for 3 months from the date of issue and may be requested at medical centers in Spain or in other countries.
  • Medical insurance:  It can be public or private health insurance arranged with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain. In the case of private insurance, the applicant must present the general and specific conditions of the insurance.
  • Bank statements (depending on the type of visa a minimum amount of money will have to be shown).

What is the TIE card?

This is the identity card for all non-EU residents that live in Spain is obtained after the visa has been granted, with all the details of the foreigners that proves that they are staying legally in Spain and that they have the right to remain in Spanish territory for a period of more than six months, so it is important to mention that it will now also have to be issued for UK nationals planning to live in Spain.

What to do if your application for the visa is refused?

In case your application for a visa is refused, you will still have the option to appeal, and it is highly recommended to do it through experts.

In case you need more information do not hesitate to contact us at Pellicer & Heredia we have a professional and dedicated team that has many years of experience in legal advice.

Information search

If you have a friend or know someone who may be interested in this topic, you can share or send this text using these buttons:

Need more info? We are here to help