social tie residence

Social Ties

If you have a question about this topic, please Contact Us

7 lawyers Online Now

There are several types of residence based on social ties

Social tie is a type of temporary residence permit for exceptional circumstances.

In order to apply for residency in Spain on the basis of social ties, you must prove that you have been living in the country continuously for at least 3 years. For this, it is necessary to apply for a certificate of historical registration in the municipality or in several municipalities where you have lived for the last 3 years.

The applicant has to prove family ties with foreigners residing in Spain or Spaniards, which could be a spouse or registered partner, ascendants or descendants in first degree and direct line.  In the case of not having any family ties, a social integration report must be obtained from the Town Hall.

The social integration report includes the following information:

Length of time the applicant has been in Spain, financial means, knowledge of spanish, integration in social networks in their environment, social and labor integration programs in which they have participated, and other situations. To obtain the report, a personal interview in spanish is carried out with the social worker of the town hall.

After receiving a positive report from the town hall, the following documents are submitted to the immigration office:

  • Application form EX10
  • Original passport and copy of passport in full.
  • Proof of continuous residence in Spain.
  • Criminal record certificate
  • Documentation accrediting the required family ties or social integration report.
  • Proof of means of subsistence:
  1. Pre-contract of employment with a minimum duration of 1 year.
  2. If no contract is presented, proof of means of subsistence may be provided if the municipal report on the social integration of the foreigner so indicates. In this case, it is necessary to provide:
  • Documentation accrediting sufficient means of subsistence.
  • In cases where the applicant intends to carry out an activity for their own account, a project for the establishment or activity to be carried out must be submitted.

Information search

If you have a friend or know someone who may be interested in this topic, you can share or send this text using these buttons:

Need more info? We are here to help