Pellicer & Heredia have summarised some of the most important points for you
A financial investment is an asset that you put money into with the hope that it will grow or appreciate into a larger sum of money. Some of the most common types of financial investment include Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds. How do you make sure your investment plan is the best on the market and guarantees sufficient return in the future? Always remember that careful investment makes your future secure.
Pellicer & Heredia have summarised some of the most important points for you:
- Request and check the credentials of people and entities you come across – Only those that are duly registered with the ‘Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores’ (CNMV) are authorised to carry out this type of activity.
- Postpone the decision to invest when a financial product is offered to you online, by telephone or during an “unexpected visit”, until all the information is in writing and you have ensured that the firm is legal.
- Carefully examine the advice or value judgments handed to you by a third party, ask your broker for the official information registered with the CNMV, and don´t rush into a decision until you know the characteristics of the financial product in which you wish to invest.
- Always make sure your investment decision is based on facts, and keep in mind that it is illegal to buy or sell insider information which isn’t available to others.
- Remember that speculation is a gamble only suitable for those who understand and can control the risks associated.
- The relationship with the firm offering you investment services must be set down formally in a contract. Always enquire about the fees and expenses applicable to your activities, and remember to ask for regular information on the status of your investments and the expenses relating to the maintenance and custody.
- Keep in mind that each time you make an investment you are compromising your savings. Take the necessary precautions against sellers who want you to act immediately or promise quick benefits.
- Remember that with investments, past successes don´t guarantee future success.
- Be extra careful when it comes to security investments that offer a return higher than its market or whose performance is based on whether they are exempt from taxes or count on a tax advantage.
- Make sure that you’re aware of the risks involved – Greater risks come with high expectations and quick profits.